District Trials for School Swimmers
CTMA invite all club AND non-club swimmers to participate in a Pre-trial gala.
Date: Saturday, 13 October 2018
Venue: Tableview Primary school, Fairway Road, Tableview
Time: 11:00am. Warm up and Registrations from 10:00 till 11:00
Price: R10.00 per swimmer for the day, pay on the day in cash
Entries and queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of Pre-Trial
To create an opportunity for all school athletes, including athletes who do not belong to a club, to qualify for the Western Cape trials. Selected trialists will then be eligible to enter a maximum of 4 events at the WC trials planned for the 21 October 2018 (TBC). Swimmers will be informed of their inclusion by the 8th October 2018. A new registration/entry process will be conveyed to the eligible athletes. The top 8 athletes in each event category will be selected to participate at the WC Trials. The Western Cape Schools Provincial team will be selected from the WC Trials to compete at SA Schools Championship on the 9th December 2018.
Rules and Information of Pre-Trial
- Entries are due by 25th September 2018, 9am.
- All non-club swimmers entries must be submitted via the school.
- Club Swimmers must register and confirm the school they attend.
- Club Swimmer entries must be done through clubs, via TM Zip file.
- An educator or parent will need to volunteer to be an official at the gala for entry
- School entry registration forms must to be emailed to email@example.com
- Event Categories are as follows: Male and Females: Ages:11;12;13;14;15;16 and 17. Strokes are 100 Free, 100 Breast, 100 Back, 100 Fly
- Athletes may enter a maximum of 4 events
- Only athletes born from the year 2001 to 2007 may enter.
- Athletes must aim to achieve a minimum of a Level 2 qualifying time in order to be selected for the WC Trials
- The swimmers age, is determined on the first day of the commencement of the SA Schools Championship on 9th December 2018. Therefore, on the 9th December 2018, athletes who are aged 10 or 18 may NOT enter
- Venue Rules must be please adhered to by all
- It is recommended that athletes bring along a swimming cap, 2 towels and refreshments.
- All athletes and officials are to sign in at the officials table at least 60 minutes before the gala commences. It is preferable that Team managers submit cancellations in advance to the email address above, otherwise it can be done on the day.
- FINA technical rules will apply.
- Duration of the pre-trial gala and the sessions will be determined by the number of entries received.
Tableview Venue Rules
- Please respect that the security guards are employed by the school and strict parking flow must be maintained. There is a one way into the school and another way out – cars will not be permitted to drive in the wrong direction up a one-way road.
- Please do not park in the disabled zone and unless you are disabled and have a disabled permit.
- There should be no hooting and loud slamming of car doors in the parking lot – please respect the neighbours.
- There is no play area for siblings, either around the pool area or on the school grounds – please do not let children roam the school grounds run around the pool area. The sports field are not for the use of our swimmers at all. Only the pool area is being rented and patrons may also access the tuck shop.
- Should you eat food on the stands, please dispose of all your packaging in the bins provided. After the gala, please tidy up around your area where you were sitting.
- No glass bottles are permitted in the pool area.
- Lane 1 is allocated for disabled swimmers only.
To see the Level 2 Qualifying times for the 100m events, click here.
For all questions and queries, please email schools((@))ctmaquatics.co.za